Monday, February 25, 2008

Two Down, Ten To Go

As you can tell, I arrived safely in Kazakhstan, the flights were good with no problems and my luggage arrived with me so it’s all good. While I was on the first flight I realized that I will be making twelve very long flights to complete this process, then on the second flight I realized that two were down already and I only have ten more to go, what’s better than that? Don’t answer that! One more comment about the flights then I’ll tell you what you really want to know, on the first flight I watched a beautiful sunrise then only a few short hours later I watched an incredible sunset, the colors were so vivid on both, I coulden't stop watching them. What an experience in just a few short hours to see the sun rise and set like that, it was amazing!

After a very short night’s sleep, I was picked up at the hotel and started a day that will change my life forever. This morning after two interviews, one at the Ministry Of Education and one at the Baby House in Issyk, I was approved to go forward, I went through the required processes and then I met my son. He’s a happy little boy, he was smiling and laughing at me while I was playing with him. I was only able to see him for a short time today, we were running right up into nap time. They asked me if I wanted to visit at a time when I can feed him, of course I do, so I think my visits will be scheduled early in the day. They also told me he loves to eat, that he gets excited when the meals are being prepared and he hears the silver-ware, Gary does he remind you of anyone???

As most of you know I can’t post any pictures or any information about him until this is final, so you’ll have to just listen to me.

That’s it for now, I going to try to get some sleep tonight. Keep those comments and e-mails coming, I look forward to them. Take care, Chris

14 comments:

Chrissy and Russell said...

CONGRATULATIONS, Chris! I'm so glad you had a smooth trip over and made it to Issyk. I can't wait to hear more about your son.

Anonymous said...

Chris, this is great news! Wow! Can't wait to hear more! Alexis

Anonymous said...

WOW Chris you really are a MOMMY at last...I'm so happy the flight went good for you...Your in my prayers for a very smooth trip all around.

Peace and Blessings

Sharee

Allison said...

Sending many congratulations. That first moment you meet your child is unlike any other!

Glad to hear that your travels went smoothly!

~Allison

qmiller said...

Chris: What great news to hear that you arrived safely and have met your son! An amazing day, to be sure!!

Quaintance
Fellow SKM

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I can't wait to hear all about him!! We are all thinking about you both!!

Love, Lisa

greta said...

Congrats!!!! Can't wait to see pics of him. Can you email them?
Let me know if you were able to get pics of our Selah for us? BH name give is Svetlana....
Love,
greta

Lisa F. said...

Congrats! Can't wait to meet him. Have a safe journey and enjoy every minute with him!

Lots of love,

Lisa, Joe and the girls

Anonymous said...

I'm SO excited that after all the hard work and waiting you finally met your son. Sounds like it's going great. We look forward to hearing a bit more about what it's like in Khaz since we can't get more details about your son (which I'm dying to hear!!!)

Paula

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris! I'm so excited just to read your news - I'm sure anything I imagine can't match your excitement at meeting your new son! Glad your travels were good, and can't wait to hear more of the details!

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris!! I am so excited for you. I can't wait for you to be able to come back with him so we can all see him after we've all heard so much about him!!

Keep having fun and I can't wait to hear more about it!!

Love, Steph :)

Aaron and Julie said...

So glad that your trip went well and are thrilled to hear about yoru son :) Enjoy each & every bonding day AND being in Almaty!

Our CHI Kaz Adoption said...

Glad to hear all is going well, can't wait to hear more and we hope to be joining you soon in Kaz.
The Kelley's

Sandi said...

Congratulations Chris. I am glad you arrived safely and I look forward to your daily updates about your amazing journey.

Sandi