Friday, April 11, 2008

One Month Ago Today

Exactly one month ago today, March 11th. my papers were submitted to the court in Ecik. Today I received an update; apparently I will not get a court date for at least another month. My coordinator in Almaty has frequent contact with the Judge and he has decided to ‘take advantage of all of the time given to him by law’ before he assigns my court date. When I received my invitation to travel in February, CHI was told the time allowed by law to assign a court date is three months, the information CHI received today implied that the time allowed by law is two months, we are not sure which is right and in this process it may be very difficult to find out which it is. I know of two other families adopting from Ecik who have been waiting over four months for their court dates. So I am basically in limbo for at least another month if not two or more. The good Judge has decided to keep me occupied while I wait, he has asked for new and multiple copies of several of my documents. The process to notarize, authenticate and apostille will begin once again for the requested documents.

To those of you who have seen me type Issyk before, Ecik and Issyk are the same place, one is the Kazakh spelling and one is the Russian spelling.

That’s it for now and apparently for quite awhile. Chris

6 comments:

Diana said...

Oh honey! My heart goes out to you. Try to stay positive. Everything happens for a reason.

(((((HUGS)))))

Anonymous said...

Chris, let's keep hoping it will be faster.
Maureen

McMary said...

It must be so hard to wait for your little one. I hope the Judge changes his mind and moves quickly.
take care and God bless

Aaron and Julie said...

We are praying for your court date - and those of the other families. May it come quickly so that you can return!

Kim said...

I am sorry to read of the setback. My friend, another Esik family, has been waiting for a very long time also. I am sorry for all over you and hope this is over soon!

Kim

Trudi said...

Oh this is hard to read. My prayers are with you. This is so aggravating and unnecessary.