Monday, May 5, 2008

Baby Boy

At about 4 PM today I was able to see BB. It took him a minute or two and then he realized who I was, his large play mate from some time ago. We played with bubbles (I never leave the USA without them) and his See ‘N Say. He has two new top teeth, the two that were making him miserable the last few days I spent with him. He is still not walking; I going to go with he’s saving his first steps for me! I was only able to spend about an hour with him today; then they came in to take him for a nap. My translator questioned that because his nap time is scheduled for 2 to 4 PM. Well apparently little BB has given up on the 2-4 nap so they put him down at 5 PM for an hour before dinner. He is messing with their schedule. I’m not sure if I’ll see him again this trip, we’ll have to see.

After they took him away, the Baby House Director came in to talk to me about court. She wanted to know if I had any questions, if I had my speech ready, what was in my speech, what needed to be in my speech, possible questions they can ask me, etc. She expressed some of the same concerns that Bayan expressed to me yesterday, apparently they weren’t all worst case scenarios. It was very nice of her to take the time to talk to me.

I’m going to re-write my speech now and try to memorize it before tomorrow. Wish me luck tomorrow; I’m going to need it! Good night, Chris

8 comments:

Chrissy and Russell said...

Chris, good luck in court!!!!! We're all keeping our fingers crossed for you! Glad you got to play with BB at least once on this trip!

Trudi said...

GOOD LUCK! I will be praying up a storm for you (and hoping you get a little more time with BB this trip!)

greta said...

I am praying HARD. God is fully in control!

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris! Know it will go well for you! Glad to hear you got to see BB! Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Chris - Happy Birthday! Seeing BB must have been a pretty good present. Glad he remembered you - you were very smart bringing back the bubbles. Just take a few very very deep breaths before you walk into court - it will help calm you. And remind you to actually breathe! I'm sure you'll do fine because you'll be talking from your heart.

Lisa F. said...

Hey Chris! Glad to hear you got to spend a little time with BB today. Good luck tomorrow...just speak from your heart. Saying a BIG prayer for you two today and waiting to hear good news soon.

Love you~
Lisa

Our CHI Kaz Adoption said...

We'll be sending up a prayer for you, we know you'll do well in court.
All our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney

The Kelleys

Julian and Sara said...

Good luck today, Chris!! May all the "wins" be yours. :)

For your celebration dinner (tonight or another night) you may want to try Kafe Keruen on the pedestrian walkway just a block or so down from the TsUM store. If you walk up Panfilov street to the pedestrian street, you will walk right into it. Kafe Keruen has the outdoor seating and great sturgeon shashlyk. And very cold beer.

Again, good luck and we are thinking of you!