Sunday, May 4, 2008

Six Down, Six To Go

I’ve made it to Almaty once again; six of the twelve flights I will have to take to complete this journey are done. From the flight standpoint I’m half way there, from the process standpoint, halfway is a long time ago. This trip took me to Amsterdam with a seven hour layover. Like many others, I spent the layover being a tourist. I went to Keukenhof. Keukenhof calls itself ‘the most beautiful spring garden in the word’. It’s hard to argue, there were beautiful grounds, fresh hot waffles, and tulips everywhere. I’ve added some pictures below.

I just met with my court translator and the CHI Kazakhstan coordinator, her name is Bayan, to prep for court. I had not met the Bayan before, she was filing in for Olga who is with another family today. We went over a lot of what they can ask me, how the process can go, the problems that can occur, what to expect, etc. They told me the best and worst case scenarios. They told me I have to be calm in court; I’ll make an attempt to be calm on the outside. While speaking with them my translator from the last trip called to wish me a happy birthday, she says that since I arrived in Almaty on my birthday, my birthday will bring me luck in court on Tuesday, I hope she’s right! During this meeting Bayan said she had to leave for a few minutes, she said she had to make a phone call. She came back with flowers for me for my birthday; that was very nice of her.

I get to go see BB tomorrow afternoon, I can’t wait!

It’s a nice spring day here in Almaty so I’m going to go for a walk now. Take care, Chris

Happy Birthday to Tommy and Gavin.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Chris!!! Your pictures look beautiful. I hope all goes well for you and you are in our thoughts. It is reasonable to be nervous through this whole process. I know you have the strength and calm to get through it successfully. We are all behind you.
Love,
Maureen

Anonymous said...

Well Chris it's still May 4 here in the U.S. so I get to wish you Happy Birthday and a wonderful year ahead. Also, wishes for a successful day in court on Tuesday and a great visit with BB (bet he remembers his "mommy"). Love, Aunt Sandy

Gretchen said...

Good luck in court! I'm sure everything will go smoothly. Have a great visit with BB!