Thursday, March 6, 2008

Baby House Day 11

I have been riding in a car for 2 ½ hours a day back and forth to the baby house. I don’t mind the ride at all; the prize at the end of the ride is well worth it. For eleven days my driver has been playing a couple of cassette tapes of various Russian/Kazakh songs. I thought I was ignoring this music pretty well until I realized that I keep repeating it over and over in my head even when I’m not in the car. I don’t know how to speak Russian or Kazakh but apparently now I know some of their most popular rap and rock songs. To top it all off I don’t even like the music, but I can sing it!

My visit with BB was good today, he seemed a little tired and fussy but we had fun. I fed him again and them we played for a while. My watch stopped the second day I was here so when I’m with him I have no idea what time it is, but, I can tell when my visit is almost over. About twenty minutes before it ends, he starts getting tired and he rubs his eyes and kind of winds down. His schedule is that he goes in for a nap at noon, about twenty minutes before he is getting himself prepared. He’s a cute little clock.

Asiya, my translator was with us today. She hasn’t been with me while I visited BB since early last week. Asiya commented that he seems much more comfortable with me. He climbs all over me now and seems to like sitting on my lap or on my legs or just wants me to hold him, we are making progress! I have been asking him, where’s Mama? BB now looks up at me when I ask the question; again, we are making progress.

Last night I went to an Indian restaurant with another adoptive family. It is called Govinda’s, it is a Hari Kristner restaurant which means it is all vegetarian and it was not spicy but the food was very good. We had a good time.

Take care, Chris

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good evening Chris, I can see now why CHI requires this long bonding period, and that BB and you are slowing coming together. Yep, babies like routine and structure and you are recognizing BB's signals that he is ready for nap time. Seems hard to believe you are on the shorter end of your stay in Kazakhstan. I know you will squeeze every minute you can into being with your new baby boy. Love, Aunt Sandy

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris,
Sounds like you and BB are bonding just fine. Isn't it amazing how you get to understand all the little things they do? Keep up the good mama. And hey, will you sing to me when you get home?
Love,
Cindy

Lisa F. said...

"Slow but steady wins the race" comes to mind. You're doing just fine! He'll come to love you as much as my kids do for sure. Can't believe it's less than a week and you'll be home, but not for too long I hope. Enjoy your remaining days with BB.

Love,
Lisa