Sunday, March 16, 2008

Four Down, Eight to Go

I made it safely back to the U.S. today, it took twenty-six hours door to door. I have now completed four of my twelve long flights to bring my BB home. Before anyone asks, I have no idea when I will be returning to Kazakhstan, as soon as I know I will post it here.

I had my last visit with BB for awhile on Saturday morning. He was feeling a little better but not great. He has four teeth coming in on top and he is suffering. The Russian woman was also visiting her son again, this kept BB interested for a little while. I fed him and then was asked if I would like to take him outside. As they say in Kazakhstan, ‘of course’. They gave me a heavy snow suit, I bundled him up and we went outside. They told me, don’t let him fall asleep but they didn’t tell him not to fall asleep. He feel asleep again in my arms, they are probably happy I won’t be visiting for awhile so they can get him back on their rigid schedule. It was very hard to say good bye to him at the end of my visit.

After my visit, I went back to the hotel to pack. A little later in the afternoon, Sara and Julian picked me up; they bought tickets for the circus. It was a water based circus and it was interesting to see what another culture performs in a circus. They had some acts I had never seen before, one was with bubbles of all sizes and another one with trained house cats, I never thought house cats could be trained, I always thought they trained humans! After the circus they took me out to dinner at a Moroccan restaurant. The food was very good, Julian thought it was Moroccan with a Kazakh flare, either way it was very good. It was very nice of them to take me out on my last day in Almaty. I have enjoyed walking all over Almaty with Sara and Julian for the last two weeks. We walked, talked, ate, had many ‘friendly competitions’ and laughed our way through the city and this adoption experience. I will miss spending time with them. I hope they get to bring their beautiful baby girl home soon!

Until I am ready to travel again, I will not be updating my blog regularly. I will post more pictures over the next couple of weeks, so if you’re interested, check back occasionally.

As my translator said to me, ‘Chris, you have to say goodbye before you say hello again.’ I look forward to saying hello to my BB again soon. Take care, Chris

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Chris!
I'm glad you had a safe trip and a great time over there. It will be hard but soon enough you'll be able to go back and you'll be closer to bringing BB home!!!

Love, Steph

Anonymous said...

Glad to have you back! Can't wait to talk to you when you are awake.
M.

Kim said...

Glad you are back home safely. I hope the time passes quickly and you hear soon about a court date.