Sunday, March 2, 2008

Baby House Day 7

BB was better today, he still has a cold but he didn’t let it stop him, he was all over the play room. We spent two hours playing today and one nice thing about today was that he was playing with me instead of just playing with his toys; maybe he thinks I’m just another big toy!

BB’s feeding went better today, as soon as he saw his food he got very excited. The care taker did motion that I was going to slow and apparently BB agreed. If I hesitated he opened his mouth wide to let me know to keep it coming. He likes to eat! Another odd think about how they are feed, when I finished the bowl of food he wanted more until I gave him his milk. Apparently he doesn’t get any liquids until the end of the meal and that signals that the food is all done. They really do have some system here.

It has been really nice spending time with the other two adoptive families that are here now, MaryEllen is here with Katie and she is adopting her second daughter, Evelyn. She will be here until Tuesday. Welby and Duncan are here with Hanna and they are adopting their second as well, a little boy, James, they will be here until Friday. We went to dinner last night and to a crafts fair this afternoon, it is nice to talk to someone without getting or giving that blank stare.

Thanks to all of you who are posting and sending e-mails, it’s a great connection to home and it really makes my day. I'll put up more pictures soon. Take care, Chris

1 comment:

Chrissy and Russell said...

Hi Chris - sounds like things are going really well! Are you staying in a hotel? How is it? Would you recommend it? Did you look at apartments? Just thought I'd ask... have a fabulous visit with BB (the feeding thing makes me nervous just thinking about it.. I've heard so many stories of the babyhouse staff getting impatient or upset with parents for feeding too slowly!) :^)